- What is the boundary of what we want to manage?
- Can we use the same Network Management systems/processes to manage across all products?
- Are there economies of scale in doing this?
Examples of Open Management Systems, ie systems which can manage across different vendors.
|NetExpert||Objective Systems Integrators|
|SunSoft||uses Sun Sparc & Retix protocol stack|
- Do they run from a centralised database which is integrated with our data architecture ? or is it a flashy GUI which cannot be integrated into other systems.
- Does it run on PC or Sun?
- Does it have a WEB based Front end?
- Is it single threaded or multi-threaded?
- Do you have to take it down to reconfigure it?