Note: use this only to run old versions of the program (version 5.16 and earlier) otherwise see this page.
This explains how to run the program under Windows. (if you are using Linux instead - see here)
1 - Load the jdk runtime environment from (if you havn't already installed it):
(If your not compiling any programs of your own the you only need the RTE - run time enviroment, However it must be release 1.2 or better)
run the exe to install it.
2 - Load the Java 3D extensions (if you havn't already done so) from:
run the exe to install it
3 - Load the mjbWorld class files:
Upload the mjbWorld class files (see previous page). Unzip this file. extract it using an unzipper program make sure that when you extract it you use the folder information, this should extact it to a mjbWorld directory and under are two other directories containing the icons.
(Dont unzip the mjbWorld.JAR file, leave it as it is)
Instructions for those who use WinZip to extract .zip files:
- Open the .zip file into WinZip.
- Highlight all the files and choose "Extract"
- In the extract dialog box, choose "use folder names".
- In the "folders/drives:" section make sure you are extracting to c:\ or the drive that you are using WinZip should extract and place all the files where they need to be.
Instructions for those who use ZipIt to extract .zip files:
- Open the .zip file into ZipIt.
- Highlight all the files and choose "Unzip"
- In the extract dialog box, choose "recreate directories".
- Choose "options" and make sure "recurse Zip Path info" and "recreate directories" are checked. ZipIt now should extract and place all the files where they need to be.
4 If you are running win9x or win NT start up a DOS window
set the classpath, path and run the program by running the batch file included in the zip file or by typing the following: (note where jdk1.4 occurs replace it with jdk1.4.2 or whatever directory holds the java runtime)
5 - If you have any problems check troubleshooting page
|Correspondence about this page|
Book Shop - Further reading.
Where I can, I have put links to Amazon for books that are relevant to the subject, click on the appropriate country flag to get more details of the book or to buy it from them.
Commercial Software Shop
Where I can, I have put links to Amazon for commercial software, not directly related to this site, but related to the subject being discussed, click on the appropriate country flag to get more details of the software or to buy it from them.
JBuilder - There is also a free version of Jbuilder at borland website . However its licence conditions are quite restrictive so you may prefer another java IDE.
This site may have errors. Don't use for critical systems.